MEMBERSHIP AND PURPOSE
The El Campo Country Club exists for the use and enjoyment of its members. Membership privileges extend to the member, member’s spouse, and all individuals in the member’s immediate family. The member’s immediate includes legal guardianship of unmarried children eighteen (18) and under and dependent children older than eighteen (18) who are full time students.
Club members and their families shall be equally entitles to the use of the Club House privileges pertaining to the use of Club facilities. However, that such usages and privileges shall be exercises in conformity with the Club By-Laws and other regulatory measures as may be affected by the Board of Directors.
A member may extend Clubhouse privileges to their guest for lunch or dinner limited to 15 people or less, provided the member contacts the Clubhouse Manager or individual in charge, giving the member’s guest, and any other information that may be requested. Cash may be accepted from anyone using Country Club services. NO longer is it necessary to be billed to a member. Members are responsible for any actions or indebtedness of their guests. Special rules apply for golf and swimming privileges for member’s guests. See golf and swimming sections for additional information.
CLUB GOVERNMENT AND MANAGEMENT
The El Campo Country Club is a private, non-profit, corporation organized in 1966, owned and operated by the El Campo Country Club, Inc. The Club government, its management and its operation is vested in the Board of Directors, and its duly elected officers of the Corporation.
The governing policy and rules and regulations of the Club will be established by the Board of Directors. The officers, employees, managers, and committees of the Club will enforce the rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the Club facilities.
RESIGNATION – CANCELLATION
A member may resign by giving thirty (30) days written notice to the Board of Directors, and paying all dues and charges to the effective date of such notice of resignation. Leave of absence may be granted to stockholders for (1) year provided stock is not withdrawn, but if not reinstated by the end of (2) years the stock must be surrendered for refund and to rejoin would be through the normal process, reinstatement fee to be set by the Board. The Board can waive the 12 months leave, provided all dues are paid from the resignation date.
All memberships are nontransferable except as provided herein. In the event of death, the membership may be transferred to the surviving spouse or child, subject to Board approval. An adult child may assume a parents membership without an initiation fee but subject to a transfer fee agreed on by the Board. The Board of Directors may suspend and/or cancel any member’s membership for acts of moral turpitude, or when the conduct of the member is contrary to the best interest of the club, or for a delinquent account.
All accounts are due and payable upon receipt of statement and are considered delinquent if not paid by the end of the month in which they are due. If the account is not paid in full by the next billing cycle, a $25.00 late fee will be charged. A letter will be sent notifying that he has thirty (30) days to pay his/her account or be suspended. If the account is not paid in full, all privileges of the Club will be suspended to the member and the member’s family. Reinstatement of Club privileges can be granted upon receipt of all outstanding debts to the Club upon approval of the Board of Directors.
GENERAL RULES & CONDUCT
Rules of usage have been established to assure maximum enjoyment of the El Campo Country Club by all of its members. Membership in the Club involves a cheerful and willin obligation to observe its rules. It is the duty of the membership of the Club to know its By-Laws and rules and actively co-operate with the management and directors in the enforcement thereof. Members desiring to submit suggestions or crititcisms are urged to address the Club President or a member of the Board of Directors in writing.
- The Club is not responsible for personal property left on the Club property.
- Members who damage Club property will be required to pay the cost of repairs or replacement thereof.
- Civic organizations, that are non-profict, may use the Club facilities for meetings, provided that prior approval from the Clubhouse Manager. Fees for Civic organizational use is the same as member’s use fees. The course may be closed for Country Club LGA or MGA sponsored tournaments, and any other non-profit tournaments allowed by the Club. No food or alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the Country Club property with the exception of food for the LGA and MGA events.
- El Campo Country Club Dress Code:
- A. Caps must be worn forward
- B. Soft spikes only. Metal spikes are prohibited. Golf shoes, golf sandals and tennis shoe are
- permitted. No flip flops are allowed on the golf course.
- C. No athletic shorts, cut-offs, or running shorts allowed
- D. Shirts with collars required. Mock turtle neck golf shirts are allowed. No T-shirts are allowed on the golf course.
- E. Shorts must be proper length.
- F. No bathing suits allowed except in the pool area.
- Abusive, loud and profane language is prohibited on all Club property.
- Drinking cups, bottles, cans and other litter are to be disposed of in containers provided for such.
- Pets are not permitted on Club property.
- Bicycles, motorcycles, mini-bikes, etc. are not allowed on Club property except in places provided for parking of such.
- No one, other than golf course personnel, will be allowed to drag lakes except of immediate lost balls.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the golf course without permission from the Golf Professional EACH TIME unless accompanied by an adult. The adult is responsible for their actions.
- All state laws pertaining to minors shall be adhered to in the operation of all Club facilities.
- The 19th Hole Bar area will be restricted to patrons 21 years of age or older.
- Members, children and guests are not permitted in areas such as the kitchen, behind the bar, storage areas or maintenance buildings.
- Non-members whose residence is in Wharton County may play golf only one time a month, no exceptions.
- All Country Club facilities are non-smoking.
- Operation of the Clubhouse is the responsibility of the Clubhouse Manager. Violation of the House Rules will be reported to the House Committee. Complaints and/or suggestions by members are welcomed and will be investigated. These should be submitted in written form to the House of Committee.
- The Clubhouse will normally be closed on Monday and open Tuesday-Sunday.
- Members are not allowed to bring or store alcoholic beverages or food of any kind on the Club premises. All beverages and food must be obtained through the Club.
- Persons in bathing suits are not permitted to enter any part of the Clubhouse.
- Members ordering a special number of dinners or luncheons must pay for the number ordered unless canceled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Gratuity is strictly optional with a 15% added to open tickets. Parties of 20 or more, 20% will automatically be added. If it is desired to extend a gratuity to a particular employee or employees, it should be given directly to that employee in the form of cash.
- The Restaurant will normally observe the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- The Restaurant Manager has complete discretion over the restaurant, bar and dining areas and answers only to the General Manager or Board of Directors and its committees appointed for such purposes.
GOLF COURSE RULES
These rules have been to (1.) permit maximum participation of all members and their guests of the El Campo Country Club golf facilities and (2.) acquaint all members and guests with the local rules and procedures which are not otherwise covered by the USGA Rules of Golf. Adherence to these rules will prevent damage to the golf course and inconvenience to the members.
All play shall be conducted under the rules of the USGA except as may be modified by local rules. So that there may be a minimum of misunderstandings, all members are urged to become familiar with these rules:
- Pro Shop attendant will control all play.
- All members and guests must register in the Pro Shop BEFORE play.
- Course closed on Monday except on certain holidays and/or tournaments. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAY PERMITTED, practice areas included. Lessons may be arranged Monday’s only by the head pro.
- Not more than two people permitted in Club owned carts at any time.
- Proper golf attire required at all times.
- No more than one player per bag.
- No one, other than golf course personnel, will be allowed to drag lakes in search of golf balls (except for immediate lost balls).
- Fishing by permit from the Golf Professional. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Divots are to be replaced and ball marks on the greens are to be repaired. Sand traps must be raked after play.
- Golfers must tee off #1 Hole. If #1 is congested, players may ask permission from the Pro Shop to start on #7 if no one is playing #6.
- Threesomes, foursomes and fivesomes are recognized matches. No groups greater than 5 are allowed, unless approved by golf professional. Slower golfers must let faster golfers play through.
- No one under 13 may operate golf carts on the course unless accompanied by a responsible adult. No one under 13 may operate Club carts at any time, even if accompanied by an adult.
- Do not hit until the group ahead is well clear of your shots, unless they have moved to the side and wave you though. Violations of this rule are considered very serious and can result in suspension or loss of membership.
All members should feel it their responsibility to institute a complain under the provisions of these rules. Complains and/or suggestions should be directed in writing to the Greens Committee. Reports of violations should name the persons involved, together with the date of occurrence and sufficient facts to enable the Greens Committee to investigate the infraction. In the event that immediate action needs to be taken during the course of play, players should notify the Golf Professional or Pro Shop attendant.
DURING PERIODS OF HEAVY PLAY, groups smaller than threesomes should make every effort to team up with others to form a three some or foursome. This may be MANDATED by the Golf Professional or his representative. Foursomes have priority at all times.
No one under 12 permitted on the course without permission from the Golf Professional unless accompanied by an adult.
Scheduled golf tournaments supersede the above provisions.
CARE OF THE COURSE
All players are expected to respect the physical condition of the golf course at all times.
When practicing or receiving instructions, the practice tee, practice greens and practice grounds should be used at all times. Regular tees, greens, fairways or roughs are not to be used when practicing or receiving instructions.
If your ball comes to rest on a green or the fringe of a green other than the one you are playing, you are to lift it and drip it to one side without penalty. This also applies to tees.
USE OF GOLF CARTS
All carts shall carry a maximum of two players and two bags. Extra passenders who are not playing may ride in private carts but no more than two persons are allowed in Club owned carts at any time.
The club shall not be responsible for accidents resulting from the use of carts. The cost of repairs for damage to Club owned carts due to negligence, carelessness or recklessness shall be charged to the member operating it. All carts must be delivered to the Pro Shop at the completion of play.
PRIVATELY OWNED CARTS
Members can own private carts under the following conditions:
- A fee (see schedule) which is set by the Board of Directors will be charged for housing private carts. The El Campo Country Club and Golf Professional shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to privately owned carts stored at the El Campo Country Club. This includes vandalism, fire, theft, floods or other acts of God. Cart owners are responsible for maintaining their own insurance, if desired.
- Use of private carets is restricted to the member and their immediate family. Immediate family is defined as the spouse and their children up to 18 years of age, unless they are attending college. Any member who allows someone other than an immediate family member to use their cart will be charged a cart fee for each use.
- Any partnership of a private cart is restricted to only 2 members. Also, one member will be required to pay the cart stall rental and the other member will be required to pay a cart path fee. There are no partnerships on cart stalls.
- Cart owners can make arrangements with Club employees to service or repair private carts after working hours. It must be understood that this is not a Club function and that the Club is not responsible for such work.
- A fee (see schedule) set by the Board of Directors shall be charged for all member owned private carts which are operated on the course and not housed in the cart barns.
- The Greens Committee reserves the right to withdraw privileges of operating a private cart from any member whom they feel is abusing the rules set by the Board of Directors.
- Cart stalls may not be passed from one member to another. If a stall is given up, it reverts to the Club.
RULES GOVERNING USE AND OPERATION OF GOLF CARTS
The following rules are necessary in order to help maintain and keep the golf course in the best possible condition, one with no bare ground around greens and tees and a minimum of compaction around greens. Carts repeatedly passing over the same grass are very damaging. Your cooperation in preventing this will be greatly appreciated.
Powered carts must stay on the paths at all times and around the tees and greens and should always remain a minimum of 30 ft from the greens.
Avoid wet or soft places. Do not attempt to cross ditches which are muddy.
Do not park pull carts on tee boxes, greens or on the edge of greens.
The putting green is open daily except Mondays. Putting and chipping only are allowed here. The practice area to the right of Hole 7 is open daily except Monday. During tournaments, the practice area is closed except to tournament players.
Persons under 12 year of age are not permitted to use the practice area unless accompanied by an adult or prior permission is obtained from the Golf Professional.
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- All members and their guests must register with pool attendant before using the pool.
- Regular pool hours are from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm Tuesday thru Saturday, Sunday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- If pool attendant is not on duty, persons under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guest feeds are set by the Board of Directors (see schedule). These fees must be charged to the member’s account, no cash will be accepted. Guest fees must be charged for all guests attired in swimming or sun-bathed clothes, whether they actually use the pool or not.
- Children who cannot swim are not allowed to use the pool unless accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their safety, and are not allowed in the deep side of the pool. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when in the pool area.
- All swimmers must be attired in proper swimming apparel. No cut offs are allowed.
- Any person having a skin disease, sore, or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharges or any communicable disease must not use the swimming pool.
- All members and guests using the swimming pool do so at their own risk. The El Campo Country Club assumes no responsibility for accidents of any kind in or around the pool or for any sickness from the use of the pool.
- Pool attendants have full authority to regulate conduct at the pool and to enforce compliance with swimming pool rules.
- No food, drinks, gum, etc. will be allowed in the pool.
- No food or drinks shall be brought or served on Club property unless purchased at the Clubhouse or Pro Shop.
SCHEDULE OF FEES
- Green fees for member guests are $25.00 at all times. Green fees for members of reciprocating clubs will be $35.00.
- Cart rental fees are $25.00 for 18 holes, payable in advance.
- Fees for housing private carts are $30.00 per month per stall, this includes electricity. A $100.00 deposit fee is required before the stall is issued.
- Fees for member owned private carts used on the course but not housed on the course are $25.00 per month.
- Swimming pool fees for guests are $3.00 per guest.
- Clubhouse charges
- Extended Family of Member: $500.00
- Non member up to 150 people: $1,000.00
- Non member over 150 people: $1,500.00
- Golf Course Charges
- Rent Course for ½ day: $1,000 (Carts not included)
- Rent Course for full day: $1,500 (Carts not included)
- Course may be closed for a tournament on Monday & Friday mornings only.
- A $25.00 late fee will be charged if account is not paid in full by the next billing cycle.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Lunch Hours – 11:00 am to 2:00 pm Tuesday thru Saturday
- Dinner Hours – 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Tuesday thru Saturday
- Sunday Food Service – 11:30 am to 1:30 pm (Reservations preffered)
- Bar (seasonal hours – please check website for current hours)
- Golf Course – 8:00 am to DARK Tuesday through Sunday
- Swimming Pool (during season) 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
HOURS OF OPERATION ARE TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE